Nawaz Sharif sees 'grand political plot' behind accountability
Talking to media outside the accountability court, the former premier said that all that is being done against him and his party was part of a grand political agenda.
He said that extension of two months, which were granted by the Supreme Court to the trial court to wrap up cases against the Sharif family, will be useless as no corruption had been made.
He added not a single case was proved against him in the six months, a deadline set by the apex court to settle the NAB references against Nawaz Sharif, his children - Maryam, Hasan and Hussain Nawaz - and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar.
Slamming NAB in veil reference, Nawaz Sharif said two months were enough to prove corruption charges against anyone if there was evidence.
He said that people who played the role to disqualify the prime minister on fake cases should be held answerable, adding that lies did not have a base.
He came down hard on Panamagate JIT head Wajid Zia, adding that the report did not entail any evidence against him.
The former prime minister said that prosecution witnesses' testimony went in his favour, adding that forensic expert Robert Hadley's statement as witness was also in his favour.
Nawaz Sharif supports, Zardari opposes Raza ... 08:18 PM | 7 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s political parties have increased their efforts to have a candidate of their choice appointed ...
He said that the Pakistan People Party (PPP) did not agree with Rabbani's name, adding, "We will now select our own Senate chairman".
Horse-trading should be ended, the former PM said, adding that Rabbani's name was selected to end this menace.
- Huawei executive freed by Canada arrives home in China12:40 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup, Match 8: Central Punjab beat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by ...12:14 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Video leak scandal ‘involving’ PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair hits ...11:25 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran underscores importance of making Karachi Coastal Development ...10:55 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Kabul airport ready for international flights, Taliban tell world08:39 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021