Nawaz Sharif sees 'grand political plot' behind accountability
Talking to media outside the accountability court, the former premier said that all that is being done against him and his party was part of a grand political agenda.
He said that extension of two months, which were granted by the Supreme Court to the trial court to wrap up cases against the Sharif family, will be useless as no corruption had been made.
He added not a single case was proved against him in the six months, a deadline set by the apex court to settle the NAB references against Nawaz Sharif, his children - Maryam, Hasan and Hussain Nawaz - and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar.
Slamming NAB in veil reference, Nawaz Sharif said two months were enough to prove corruption charges against anyone if there was evidence.
He said that people who played the role to disqualify the prime minister on fake cases should be held answerable, adding that lies did not have a base.
He came down hard on Panamagate JIT head Wajid Zia, adding that the report did not entail any evidence against him.
The former prime minister said that prosecution witnesses' testimony went in his favour, adding that forensic expert Robert Hadley's statement as witness was also in his favour.
Nawaz Sharif supports, Zardari opposes Raza ... 08:18 PM | 7 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s political parties have increased their efforts to have a candidate of their choice appointed ...
He said that the Pakistan People Party (PPP) did not agree with Rabbani's name, adding, "We will now select our own Senate chairman".
Horse-trading should be ended, the former PM said, adding that Rabbani's name was selected to end this menace.
- PAKvWI: Pakistan, West Indies lock horns today in third T20I11:51 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Afghan Taliban capable of combating Daesh in Afghanistan: Qureshi11:34 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran to answer public's questions via phone today09:58 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:42 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021