Russian women kill lady cop inside Balochistan's Gadani jail
QUETTA - A female police officer was murdered by three Russian women imprisoned at Balochistan 's Gadani Central Jail on Monday night.
The jail officials identified the assassinated constable as 23-year-old Zoya Binte Yahya who lived in Gadani and said the Russian detainees used a piece of rope to strangle the officer; the lady cop had been working as a warden at the facility since 2017.
SHO Gadani police said an investigation has been launched to check the facts and soon a case will also be registered against the accused.
Detailing the brutal murder, police officer, Naveed Alam said the Russian women were shifted to the prison from Quetta to provide easy counselor access to their country’s diplomatic mission in Karachi.
Sharing their preliminary findings, Alam said the inmates had religious differences with the warden and thought the deceased was an 'infidel', Arab News reported.
Meanwhile, Balochistan 's Home Minister, Mir Zia Langove also took notice of the murder and ordered to carry out investigations. He also shared his views about the poor security situations in jail and the incompetence of the officials.
The National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR) had already alarmed the authorities about the poor condition of jails in Balochistan .
- Lahore: Patient lost her life after violent lawyers storm into Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- IHC approves bail of Asif Ali Zardari on medical grounds12:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Meesha Shafi records her statement in harassment case12:39 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019