Russian women kill lady cop inside Balochistan's Gadani jail
QUETTA - A female police officer was murdered by three Russian women imprisoned at Balochistan 's Gadani Central Jail on Monday night.
The jail officials identified the assassinated constable as 23-year-old Zoya Binte Yahya who lived in Gadani and said the Russian detainees used a piece of rope to strangle the officer; the lady cop had been working as a warden at the facility since 2017.
SHO Gadani police said an investigation has been launched to check the facts and soon a case will also be registered against the accused.
Detailing the brutal murder, police officer, Naveed Alam said the Russian women were shifted to the prison from Quetta to provide easy counselor access to their country’s diplomatic mission in Karachi.
Sharing their preliminary findings, Alam said the inmates had religious differences with the warden and thought the deceased was an 'infidel', Arab News reported.
Meanwhile, Balochistan 's Home Minister, Mir Zia Langove also took notice of the murder and ordered to carry out investigations. He also shared his views about the poor security situations in jail and the incompetence of the officials.
The National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR) had already alarmed the authorities about the poor condition of jails in Balochistan .
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019