Russian women kill lady cop inside Balochistan's Gadani jail
The jail officials identified the assassinated constable as 23-year-old Zoya Binte Yahya who lived in Gadani and said the Russian detainees used a piece of rope to strangle the officer; the lady cop had been working as a warden at the facility since 2017.
SHO Gadani police said an investigation has been launched to check the facts and soon a case will also be registered against the accused.
Detailing the brutal murder, police officer, Naveed Alam said the Russian women were shifted to the prison from Quetta to provide easy counselor access to their country’s diplomatic mission in Karachi.
Sharing their preliminary findings, Alam said the inmates had religious differences with the warden and thought the deceased was an 'infidel', Arab News reported.
Meanwhile, Balochistan's Home Minister, Mir Zia Langove also took notice of the murder and ordered to carry out investigations. He also shared his views about the poor security situations in jail and the incompetence of the officials.
The National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR) had already alarmed the authorities about the poor condition of jails in Balochistan.
- Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over framing of fabricated charges ...04:10 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022