UAE's largest retailer suspends Donald Trump products over Muslim ban call
Dubai-based Landmark and DT Home Marks International LLC have an exclusive deal to sell Trump Home products - including lighting, mirrors, and jewellery boxes - in their Lifestyle department stores in Kuwait, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
“In light of the recent statements made by the presidential candidate in the US media, we have suspended sale of all products from the Trump Home décor range,” CEO Sachin Mundhwa said in an statement through email.
The group did not give details on the value of the contract.
On Monday, Donald Trump called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States in the most dramatic response by a candidate yet to last week’s shooting spree by a Muslim couple in California.
The call drew sharp rebuke from both the White House and other Republican presidential candidates.
Lifestyle has more than 190 stores across the Middle East, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya and Tanzania.
- Three-day sports festival kicks off in Khalti Frozan Lake today12:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran, singer Shehzad Roy share views on promotion of education12:00 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Shafqat Mehmood green-lights launch of Single National Curriculum ...11:38 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Woman declared dead in Pakistan comes back to life, gets up and walks ...11:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Lifebuoy Partners with PCB as Official Hygiene Partner for 202111:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021