UAE's largest retailer suspends Donald Trump products over Muslim ban call
Dubai-based Landmark and DT Home Marks International LLC have an exclusive deal to sell Trump Home products - including lighting, mirrors, and jewellery boxes - in their Lifestyle department stores in Kuwait, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
“In light of the recent statements made by the presidential candidate in the US media, we have suspended sale of all products from the Trump Home décor range,” CEO Sachin Mundhwa said in an statement through email.
The group did not give details on the value of the contract.
On Monday, Donald Trump called for a ban on Muslims entering the United States in the most dramatic response by a candidate yet to last week’s shooting spree by a Muslim couple in California.
The call drew sharp rebuke from both the White House and other Republican presidential candidates.
Lifestyle has more than 190 stores across the Middle East, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya and Tanzania.
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021