Pakistan delegation attends first summit of Al-Quds OIC Youth Capital 2018 in Palestine
The delegation, comprising Punjab Sports Minister, Jahangir Khanzada, Media Advisor to Chief Minister Punjab Abubakar Umar (Member OIC Youth Summit) and Secretary Sports Punjab Aamir Jan, was welcomed by President of Palestine Mehmoud Abbas, said a press release.
The opening ceremony of the event was held at al-Moqataa Presidential Compound from Feb 6-8, 2018. It is for the first time that Palestine was selected as the OIC Youth Capital, given the severity of the Palestinian issue.
The programme has kick-started a year of programmes that seek to raise international awareness of the Palestinian issue and development of Palestinian youth.
Addressing the opening ceremony, Punjab Minister for Sports Jahangir Khanzada said that Pakistan supported the establishment of a viable, independent and the contiguous state of Palestine on the basis of internationally agreed upon parameters; the pre-1967 borders and with Al-Quds Al-Sharif as its capital.
Secretary Sports Punjab Aamir Jan said that Pakistan will continue to extend every kind of diplomatic and moral support to Palestinian people.
Media Advisor to Chief Minister Punjab Mian Shehbaz Sharif Abubakar Umar gave a detailed resolution on the Palestinian issue. Addressing the council, Abubakar Umar said that the Punjab chief minister was one of the very first Islamic leader in the world to raise his voice to address the grave Palestinian issue.
It is the matter of pride for Pakistan that Sports Minister Punjab, Media Advisor to Chief Minister Punjab and Secretary Sports Punjab were selected as youth representatives to represent Pakistan on the holy land.
The launch of first Palestinian National Youth Council, as well as the first meeting of Al Quds Ash-Sharif OIC Youth Capital Council of Patrons consisting of OIC Ministers and high-level representatives of heads of states, also took place on the sidelines of the opening ceremony.
- 'Depth of misogyny’ – HRCP demands apology from Imran Khan over ...01:58 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army sets up heat stroke relief camps as temperature ...01:14 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:19 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan court awards 29-year jail term to man over rape, child ...11:55 AM | 21 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz congratulates Chinese President Xi on 71st anniversary of ...11:26 AM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022