Pakistan delegation attends first summit of Al-Quds OIC Youth Capital 2018 in Palestine
The delegation, comprising Punjab Sports Minister, Jahangir Khanzada, Media Advisor to Chief Minister Punjab Abubakar Umar (Member OIC Youth Summit) and Secretary Sports Punjab Aamir Jan, was welcomed by President of Palestine Mehmoud Abbas, said a press release.
The opening ceremony of the event was held at al-Moqataa Presidential Compound from Feb 6-8, 2018. It is for the first time that Palestine was selected as the OIC Youth Capital, given the severity of the Palestinian issue.
The programme has kick-started a year of programmes that seek to raise international awareness of the Palestinian issue and development of Palestinian youth.
Addressing the opening ceremony, Punjab Minister for Sports Jahangir Khanzada said that Pakistan supported the establishment of a viable, independent and the contiguous state of Palestine on the basis of internationally agreed upon parameters; the pre-1967 borders and with Al-Quds Al-Sharif as its capital.
Secretary Sports Punjab Aamir Jan said that Pakistan will continue to extend every kind of diplomatic and moral support to Palestinian people.
Media Advisor to Chief Minister Punjab Mian Shehbaz Sharif Abubakar Umar gave a detailed resolution on the Palestinian issue. Addressing the council, Abubakar Umar said that the Punjab chief minister was one of the very first Islamic leader in the world to raise his voice to address the grave Palestinian issue.
It is the matter of pride for Pakistan that Sports Minister Punjab, Media Advisor to Chief Minister Punjab and Secretary Sports Punjab were selected as youth representatives to represent Pakistan on the holy land.
The launch of first Palestinian National Youth Council, as well as the first meeting of Al Quds Ash-Sharif OIC Youth Capital Council of Patrons consisting of OIC Ministers and high-level representatives of heads of states, also took place on the sidelines of the opening ceremony.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021