Mohammad Irfan out of ODI series against Australia after mother's death
Being named in the squad for the five-match ODI series against the Baggie Greens, Irfan was informed of his mother’s death during practice.
Reports from Australia suggest that the tall bowler is likely to miss the majority of the series.
Pakistan are looking to recover from their Test series loss against the hosts recently, so Irfan withdrawing is seen as a blow for Mickey Arthur’s men.
Junaid Khan has been called up to Pakistan’s ODI squad as Irfan’s replacement.
The first of five one-day matches will be played in Brisbane on Friday followed by Melbourne (January 15), Perth (January 19), Sydney (January 22) and Adelaide (January 26).
- Bakhtawar Bhutto's mehndi function kicks off today11:59 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar gets a special wedding gift from Asif Zardari10:38 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Developer bringing Paris to Pakistan with replica of French city ...10:04 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's one-man commission to probe Broadsheet scandal09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Danyal Zafar set to make his TV debut08:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Shraddha Kapoor to marry a celebrity photographer?09:12 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021