Chinese scientists develop new diagnostic method for liver cancer
Liver cancer is one of the most common and lethal diseases in the world and most cases are already at an advanced stage by the time they are diagnosed. Therefore, early diagnosis of liver cancer is important for prolonging patients' lives.
As early cancer can be detected by observing DNA methylation alteration in the blood, scientists from Shanghai Institute of Nutrition and Health, Chinese Academy of Sciences systematically analyzed the DNA methylation characteristics of 375 samples from liver cancer patients, 50 normal liver samples and 3,780 samples from patients with other cancers.
Australian scientists identify gene that helps ... 02:13 PM | 2 Jul, 2018
CANBERRA - The gene that strengthens the human immune system and plays a critical role in regulating the body's immune ...
The research provides a new solution for early diagnosis of liver cancer in the future. Subsequent research based on this finding has been launched, according to the team.
The research was published in the journal Genome Medicine.
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes Pakistan’s first female Google Developers ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Nora Fatehi's bold dance video in gym goes viral01:41 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021