MD PTV case: CJP Nisar warns Ishaq Dar of revoking passport on no-show
A three-member bench was hearing a suo motu case pertaining to the appointment of Pakistan Television former chairman Ata ul Haq Qasmi as managing director the state-run TV and the amount of salary and perks he received as MD and chief.
During the hearing, the top judge asked the attorney general of Pakistan if Dar is present in the court, to which, he informed that the former minister is in London.
Showing resentment over no-show, the chief justice warned that the court will revoke the passport, a traveling document, of Dar as he failed to attend the court hearing despite being summoned.
He added that the Supreme Court will mull over issuing red warrants against the leaders of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) who has also been declared absconder by an accountability court in a corruption reference.
He vowed to take all measures to bring back the former finance minister to Pakistan. The chief justice also summoned the Ministry of Interior official to brief the court of the steps necessary for his return.
The hearing of the case has been briefly adjourned till Interior Ministry officials appear before the three-judge bench.
SC summons Dar, others in Ata ul Haq Qasmi ... 09:56 PM | 7 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court (SC) served notices on Saturday to the former officials allegedly involved in the ...
On July 5, the apex court summoned former finance minister Ishaq Dar, the then Federal Secretary Information Muhammad Azam and the then Secretary Finance Waqar Masood on July 9 on account of approving salary, perks and privileges of Ata-ul-Haq Qasmi.
SC summons Ata ul Haq Qasmi in 'shady' ... 01:01 PM | 4 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Literary giant, Ata ul Haq Qasmi, has been summoned to the apex court by the Chief Justice of Pakistan, ...
Earlier, literary giant, Ata ul Haq Qasmi, was summoned to the apex court by the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Mian Saqib Nisar.
During a previous hearing, the top judge had asked the political analyst to return Rs 270 million in the national exchequer so that the case could be shelved.
Rs270m compensation: SC takes suo moto notice on ... 10:06 PM | 2 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court has taken suo moto notice on the appointment of Atta-ul-Haq Qasmi's appointment as ...
The large amount of compensation Qasmi allegedly received during his time at PTV caught the eye of Justice Nisar, who observed that the former chairman received at least Rs1m monthly.
- Infinix NOTE10 Pro launched in Pakistan, price, sale info, offers, ...12:09 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Hindutva extremists lynch Muslim man in Haryana10:40 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-18-Updated 10:30 ...09:58 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities speak up against Israeli brutalities in ...08:41 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Bill Gates was ‘having an affair’ with a woman at Microsoft11:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021