Pakistan strongly condemns extra-judicial killings of Kashmiri youth by Indian occupation forces in IOK
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan has strongly condemned the unabated extra-judicial killings of Kashmiri youth in acts of state-terrorism perpetrated by Indian occupation forces in Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOK&K) as Indian troops martyred 9 more Kashmiri youth during the last 24 hours in "fake" encounters.
In a press release issued by the foreign office [Monday], several houses in the area were also destroyed and pellet guns and tear gas used against innocent Kashmiri men, women and children who took to the streets to protest against the Indian brutalities. Infliction of such collective punishment to community is tantamount to crimes against humanity.
It is highly reprehensible that while the world community is grappling with COVID-19 pandemic, India remains busy intensifying its brutalization of the Kashmiri people, the press release said.
Extra-judicial killings of Kashmiri youth in "fake" encounters and "cordon-and-search" operations by the Indian occupation forces are being perpetrated with complete impunity, under the cover of draconian laws. In further inhuman practices, the occupation forces neither reveal the identities of the martyrs nor hand over their mortal remains to the families for burial. The "Hindutva" agenda of the RSS-BJP combine is targeting defenceless Kashmiris with mindless violence to break their will.
India's efforts to subjugate the Kashmiri people through killings, torture, forced disappearances, incarcerations and brutalization have failed in the past and will not succeed in the future. The Kashmiris' resolve to resist illegal Indian occupation and to secure their inalienable right to self-determination, as enshrined in the relevant United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Resolutions, continues to grow stronger.
It is the responsibility of the world community to urgently act and protect the Kashmiris from the wanton killings and other brutalities being inflicted on them by the Indian occupation forces.
Pakistan will continue to call for holding India accountable for its crimes against the Kashmiri people, the press release said.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020