Kim Kardashian West slammed for sporting 'maang teeka' to church
The 38-year-old shared her outfit on social media with the caption 'Sunday Service Vibe.' While some complimented Kim for her outfit, giving her 2 million likes on the post, others accused her of appropriating Indian culture, reported Daily Mail.
“Sis this ain’t “service vibe.” this is straight up culture appropriation,” wrote an Instagram user. “She’s done appropriating black culture, now she’s moved onto south Asian,” commented another.
Another user also noted out her disapproval for the outfit posting this comment, ‘’It’s a no from us, Kim’’.
One user schooled her on the definition and importance of the headpiece writing, "For those of you who don't know, the maang tika is a ceremonial headpiece traditionally worn by the bride. Wearing white in India is traditionally reserved for funerals,"
Kim was previously accused of appropriating black culture with her cornrows hairstyle. She continues to wear them regardless.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021