PTI nominates Asad Qaiser as Speaker NA, Ch Sarwar as Governor Punjab
Revealing the names to occupy top positions in provinces, PTI's central leader Shah Mehmood Qureshi announced on Friday that Chaudhry Sarwar would be the next Governor of Punjab to replace Rafiq Rajwana.
Detailing the credentials of PTI leader, Qureshi outlined that Sarwar has, under his belt, vast experience to govern Pakistan's most populous province and he would have a good working relationship with Chief Minister.
'Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has benefited much from the expertise of Ch Sarwar,' added Qureshi.
Chaudhry Sarwar, who recently won a seat in Senate by surprising the political commentators and rivals alike, resigned as the Governor of Punjab in December 2017 after serving in office for around two years.
He was appointed by Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz, however, he resigned from the post and joined Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, saying it was a failure to achieve what he had set out to do.
Asad Qaiser, who is poised to be the next Speaker of the National Assembly, has served as the Speaker of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly. He recently won NA-18 Swabi-I seat of the Lower Chamber of the Parliament by securing 78,970 votes.
Punjab Assembly Speaker
Shah Mehmood Qureshi clarified that Pakistan Muslim League Quaid-e-Azam leader, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi would be the nominee of the party in Punjab for the post of Speaker.
“We have a clear majority in Punjab and we are in a position to form a government in the province,” Qureshi claimed.
- ‘Aik Qaum, Aik Manzil’ – ISPR releases teaser for Pakistan Day ...08:18 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PTI govt to lose Abdul Hafeez Shaikh as Pakistan's finance minister ...07:52 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Qatari military commander calls on Pakistan Army chief at GHQ07:44 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021