AGAHI, UoB to focus on global warming in Pakistan
The MoU signing ceremony was held at the University of Baltistan, Skardu in Gilgit Baltistan, a press release said on Friday.
The purpose of this partnership is to produce futures insights’ – to advocate better decision making, improve quality of life and economic opportunities in the region.
On the occasion, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Baltistan, Prof Dr Muhammad Naeem Khan, said, “Futures research is critical to improving quality of life; we would strengthen a systematic approach to creating better environmental prospects for the region”.
Puruesh Chaudhary, Founder and President of AGAHI speaking on the occasion said we are already working with Karakoram International University; and it makes all the more sense to be engaging the University of Baltistan so that we could leverage from local knowledge that would contribute towards improving the well-being of the people of Pakistan.
Pakistan State of Future Index is a 10-year future index composed of 30 variables that indicate if the future is getting better or worse.
It shows 30-year trends of improvement and decline; each variable is forecasted based on 20 years of past data which are then further assessed for the best possible and worst possible values in 10 years.
Dr. Shahid Mahmud, Co-Founder of Foresight Lab and Chairman and Group CEO Interactive Group of Companies said, “This memorandum will advocate futures thinking in Baltistan by emphasizing on academic research and facilitating policy decisions, by improving the economic conditions in the region with a special focus on the implications of global warming.”
AGAHI with its local partners Interactive Group of Companies and Eikon7 along with other leading academic institutions have created a model that has the ability to track expected state of the future over time at national, provincial and district levels – which will enable decision-makers to opt for the most informed policy.
It pertinent to mention here that the University of Baltistan, Skardu is a public-sector university and the only higher education institution offering various degree programs in the region.
The establishment of this university has multiplied future prospects for the local, national, and international students. UoB has extensive future plans for developing Centers of Excellence, and new departments focusing on extensive research and Tourism development.
These plans have been made by keeping the University’s historical, cultural and geographical position in the world, current jobs and economic prospects in the region.
- Emirates, Etihad extend ban on travelers from COVID-hit countries ...10:02 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan reports 76 deaths, over 4,000 new COVID infections amid ...09:35 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 July 202108:46 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Welsh slate is now on list of Unesco World Heritage Sites12:56 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi’s belly dance moves in ‘Zaalima Coca Cola’ set ...04:04 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Mehrooz Waseem hits back, accuses Usman Mukhtar of harassment03:48 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali's colourful birthday celebrations go viral03:34 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021