Khusro, Hammad given new portfolios as PM Khan reshuffles federal cabinet
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday reshuffled the federal cabinet after the FIA investigation report identified top PTI leadership is involved in sugar and wheat crisis that hit Pakistan very badly.
According to the new development, Federal Minister for National Food Security and Research Khusro Bakhtiar resigned from the ministry and has now been appointed as minister for economic affairs, replacing Hammad Azhar.
1) Cabinet has been reshuffled by Prime Minister @ImranKhanPTI— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) April 6, 2020
Syed Fakhar Imam has been made Federal Minister for National Food Security
Makhdoon Khusru Bakhtiyar has been made Federal Minister for Economic Affairs
Hammad Azhar has been made Federal Minister for Industries
Azhar has been assigned the portfolio of industries, Azam Swati has been made the minister of narcotics control. Babar Awan has been made the advisor for parliamentary affairs, replacing Swati.
2) Mr Azam Sawati has been made Federal Minister for Narcotics Control— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) April 6, 2020
Mr Babar Awan has been appointed as Advisor for Parliamentary Affairs
Mr Mohammad Shahzad Arbab has been removed as Advisor
Resignation of Mr. Khalid Maqbool Siddique as Federal Minister has been accepted
The resignation of Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui as the federal minister has been accepted, while MQMP’s Amin-ul-Haq has been appointed as Federal Minister for Telecommunication.
However, Advisor to Prime Minister Imran Khan on Establishment, Shehzad Arbab, has been removed from his position.
3) Mr. Amin ul Haq has been appointed as Federal Minister for Telecom— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) April 6, 2020
Mr. Hashim Popalzai removed as Secretary Ministry of National Food Security & Research
Mr Omar Hameed transferred and appointed as Secretary Ministry of National Food Security
Similarly, PM's adviser on commerce, textile, industry and production, and investment, Abdul Razak Dawood, was also removed from his position, sources informed Geo News. It was, however, unclear if he had been given another post.
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- KSA reopens Masjid-e-Nabwi for public today09:28 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020