PAT’s Chief urges students to get education for ending darkness of Illiteracy
LAHORE - Chairman Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) Allama Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri has said that Illiteracy is the worst thing in the world, not knowing the facts is one thing but not knowing the reality and not acting is illiteracy and students must be provided result-orientated education.
This, he said while addressing the students and faculty at the convocation of the Minhaj university here at a local hotel on Saturday.
“Tehreek Minajul Quran is busy in spreading education all over the world and the world appreciates its research and techniques adding that this institute is a pride for Pakistan and we are all proud of it”, he added.
Allama Qadri congratulated the scholars of PhD, MPhil, Islamic Scholars and those who obtained distinctions in Computer Sciences. He also gave away Gold Medals to the students who excelled in different categories.
Speaking to the students the vice chairman Dr Hussain Mohiyuddin Qadri said it is an honour to be serving this distinguished field and it was also praiseworthy that world quality education is being provided are relativity cheaper charges than what other educational institutes are taking.
“He was proud that students who graduated from this university are in the forefront in serving the country in every field”, he added.
PAT’s Chairman advised the students to get an education not for the sake of just getting a degree but to end the darkness of illiteracy and must work to light the torches of literacy where ever and whenever you get a chance.
He said the heart and mind must work in unison so as to serve humanity. At the end, he prayed for the progress and well-being of the students who graduated from the university.
Others who spoke at the convocation include the vice chancellor of the university Dr Mohammed Aslam Ghauri, Nazim-e-Aala Khurram Nawaz Ghandapur, registrar FC College Hamid Saeed Akhter, Prof Dr Rana Younas, Col (Retd) Mohammed Ahmed, Dr Jamal Abbasi, Dr CM Mohammed Hanif and Ahmed Mustafa Al-Arabi. --- Online
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Model Bella Hadid speaks out against racism within the fashion ...03:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ is No. 1 on Billboard's charts with a ...05:54 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020