Pakistan urges world to take notice of Indian atrocities in Occupied Kashmir
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria says international community should take notice of worst atrocities of Indian forces in Occupied Kashmir and the dismal human rights record in the held valley.
He was speaking in a program of News and Current Affairs Channel today.
Nafees Zakaria said since last five months after the extra-judicial killing of young Hurriyet leader Burhan Wani by Indian security forces, the movement for freedom has gotten new impetus, inviting wrath of the occupied authorities.
He said Indian forces have unleashed a reign of terror on innocent Kashmiris and more than one hundred and fifty people have been killed in this barbaric campaign. The most gruesome part of these atrocities is the use of pellet guns due to which many people, including children and journalists, have lost their eyesight.
Foreign Office Spokesperson said tortured bodies of missing Kashmiris are found everywhere in the territory. This is genocide of Kashmir and a crime against humanity on which international community should take Indian to account.
Regarding the steps taken by Pakistan government for human rights protection, the spokesperson said the government has taken a number of legislative measures to protect various segments of society. He said many countries have commended the situation of human rights in Pakistan and termed these at par with international standards.
The spokesperson further said international community should look towards countries in Asia that have a dismal human rights record. A prime example is India, where all the minorities are facing abuses and more than two hundred churches have been burned down in recent years.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020