Interior minister's report reveals 160pc increase in rape cases in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD - A report submitted by Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan before the assembly revealed a horrific increase in crimes against women in Islamabad.
The minister presented the report in a reply. The report states, “Respect for women no longer exists in the federal capital," adding that 119 cases against violence on women were reported in 2016.
Out of 119 cases registered, 39 were rape cases, 26 cases were linked to murders of women, 8 cases belonged to attempt to murder and 46 cases linked to attacks on women.
“In the last year Islamabad saw a 160 per cent increase in the cases of rape."
“In 2015 there were 15 cases of rape but in 2016 the number of such assault cases rose to 39 in the federal capital.”
- Petrol price likely to be increased by Rs5.9 per litre09:52 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:45 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Former US President Bill Clinton hospitalised in California09:33 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 15 October 202109:12 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Reham Khan releases video apology on London court orders for defaming ...09:08 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
- 'Aik Hai Nigar' – ISPR’s telefilm featuring Mahira Khan to ...08:16 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Ajay Devgn shares heartwarming story about Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan06:04 PM | 14 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf aka 'Bhola' showcases his versatility in recent viral ...05:30 PM | 14 Oct, 2021