Pakistan reports 671 New Coronavirus cases; six deaths in past 24 hours
LAHORE - The total active COVID-19 cases in the country were recorded 8,646 as 667 more people tested positive for the deadly virus during the last 24 hours.
According to the latest update issued by the National command and Operation Centre (NCOC), six corona patients, who were under treatment in hospital, died on Friday.
No COVID affected person was on ventilator in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Balochistan, while 69 ventilators elsewhere in Pakistan, out of 1,912 allocated for COVID-19 patients, were occupied.
Some 33,665 tests were conducted across the country on Friday, including 10,615 in Sindh, 11,957 in Punjab, 4,401 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), 4,658 in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), 1,245 in Balochistan, 503 in Gilgit Baltistan (GB), and 286 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
Around 303,062 people have recovered from the disease so far.
Since the pandemic outbreak, a total of 318,266 cases were detected so far, including AJK 2,991, Balochistan 15,498, GB 3,900, ICT 17,210, KP 38,273, Punjab 100,484 and Sindh 139,910.
About 6,558 deaths were recorded in country since the eruption of the contagion, including 2,543 Sindh among two of them died in hospital on Friday, 2,252 in Punjab four of them died in hospital on Friday, 1,263 in KP, 188 in ICT, 146 in Balochistan, 89 in GB and 77 in AJK.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Celine Dion and Sam Heughan to star in Screen ...11:45 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- DRAP notifies price increase in 94 life-saving drugs11:41 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Model Rehmat Ajmal is now engaged11:17 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Celebs express grief over Peshawar madrassa blast04:01 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran arrives in Lahore for a day-long visit today09:21 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020