China gets 809 hectors on lease in Gwadar Port
According to UK defence magazine, IHS, China has acquired 809 hectors (1999 acres) land from Pakistan on lease for 43 years for construction of first Free Economic Processing Zone (EPZ) in Gawadar port.
Read more: Free Trade Zone being established at Gwadar
As per Port Authority construction of basic infrastructure and EPZ will cost over Rs 3.65 billion. Citing to a Chinese journal, IHS wrote that Gwadar Port Authority (GPA) acquired 607 hectors land in June and 202 hectors land will soon be acquired.
All the land has been acquired from Pakistan Navy and container depot Balochistan.
Referring to statement given by top economic managers of Pakistan to local media the journal said more 500 acres land will be leased out to China for construction of first free EPZ.
This way 2500 acres land will be given to Chinese companies on lease. China attained the rights for carrying out work on Gwadar port for 40 years in April this year. This port will provide China access to Gulf States.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 May 202108:49 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021