CEC Sardar Raza rejects call of poltical parties for resignation of ECP members
The meeting discussed rules and regulations regarding the local
bodies' elections in Punjab and Sindh.
Addressing the meeting, Chief Election Commissioner said that the Commission will work in accordance with expectations of people of the country.
He asked political parties to play their roles in implementation of the election code of conduct.
Raza rejected a call by political parties vis-à-vis resignation of provincial members of the Election Commission ahead of the upcoming local government polls in Sindh and Punjab.
He said that those who have any reservations may refer to the Supreme Judicial Council for removal of ECP members.
The Supreme Judicial Council is the correct constitutional forum for removal of Election Commission members, he added.
- Clerics in #NorthWaziristan booked for announcing fake #Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021