Nawaz Sharif questions inclusion of intelligence officials in Panama JIT
Talking to newsmen outside the accountability court on Wednesday, the ousted Premier said that his case was not related to terrorism and he was not working against the federation, declaring that there was no need to include these agencies in the JIT, formed on the directives of the supreme court.
Talking further about the Panama JIT formed during the Panama Papers case hearing last year, Nawaz said that three of the six JIT 'stars' who were selected through WhatsApp were their bitter political rivals citing family links between them and his arch-nemesis PTI.
This is a pertinent question which needs to be asked, opined embattled Nawaz.
He claimed further that the purpose of choosing certain people for the JIT was to ensure that the wish of his rivals to indict him comes true.
The elder Sharif declared that Wajid Zia, who was the head of JIT, attempted to conceal facts before the court that would benefit the case against him and his family.
The PML-N's 'Quaid for life' claimed that Zia admitted he had no proof of his receiving a salary from his son's company Capital FZE, which became the reason behind his disqualification by the Supreme Court.
'This was public’s money,' Nawaz stated.
Earlier, on a reporter’s query inside the court, he said that preparations had already been started at Adiala Jail Rawalpindi, wondering how they (jail admin) know that someone is coming.
The six-month deadline given by SC to conclude the corruption cases was not to timely finish the trial but to give a sentence, claimed the deposed premier.
In response to another question, Nawaz asserted that the people surrounding him at the moment are those who have been a part of the PML-N for generations.
Elder Sharif stated that he had discussed the matter of making the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) ineffective with Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan during the term of the caretaker government so that electoral candidates are not harassed by NAB.
In reply to a question over his stance on disgruntled party leader Ch Nisar Ali Khan, Nawaz said the people already know about him.
- Pakistan to move ICC against Indian cricket board over threats to ...08:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan mulls vaccinating youngsters aged 12-18 against Covid-1907:58 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Lahore cop arrested for obscene act at woman during raid (VIDEO)07:22 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Kandahar at 'serious risk of falling' as Taliban besiege key cities ...07:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pillion riding allowed as Sindh revises certain Covid lockdown ...06:43 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Kiara Advani turns 2902:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021