Child Sex Abuse Scandal: Top police officials removed
According to a statement by Punjab government, RPO Shehzad Sultan, DPO Babar Saeed and DSP Hassan Farooq Ghumman are among those who got suspended. SHO Ganda Singh Wala Kasur Mehar Akmal has already been suspended for taking bribe from culprits involved in sex assault and pornography.
Meanwhile, a five member joint investigation team has also been formed to thoroughly investigate into the scandal in which 280 children were sexually abused and filmed reportedly.
Earlier, when IGP Mushtaq Sukhera reached Kasur on the direction of CM Shahbaz Sharif, locals protested against biased behaviour of police officials who according to them downplayed the issue.
- T20 World Cup: Sri Lanka bowl first against Bangladesh02:59 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- On UN Day, Pakistan Army reaffirms resolve to peacekeeping missions02:39 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- United Nations officially came into existence on this day in 194502:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- TLP's long march turns into a sit-in as negotiations end in 'success'12:50 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat responds to Tamgha-e-Imtiaz controversy09:55 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat clears the air after demeaning remarks regarding Madam Noor ...10:23 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021