Child Sex Abuse Scandal: Top police officials removed
According to a statement by Punjab government, RPO Shehzad Sultan, DPO Babar Saeed and DSP Hassan Farooq Ghumman are among those who got suspended. SHO Ganda Singh Wala Kasur Mehar Akmal has already been suspended for taking bribe from culprits involved in sex assault and pornography.
Meanwhile, a five member joint investigation team has also been formed to thoroughly investigate into the scandal in which 280 children were sexually abused and filmed reportedly.
Earlier, when IGP Mushtaq Sukhera reached Kasur on the direction of CM Shahbaz Sharif, locals protested against biased behaviour of police officials who according to them downplayed the issue.
- PSL 6 – Quetta Gladiators beat Multan Sultans by 22 runs11:05 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Here are complete unofficial results of Senate Election 202109:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Peshawar Zalmi fined for slow over-rate in match against ...09:15 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran Khan’s vote for Senate polls was also rejected?09:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- ‘Aik Qaum, Aik Manzil’ – ISPR releases teaser for Pakistan Day ...08:18 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021