Alert: These Pakistani notes won't be usable anymore very soon
The notes can be used at all commercial and microfinance banks till November 29 this year. However, the offices of SBPBSC will accept these notes till December 31.
According to a circular of the SBP, the old-designed currency notes of Rs5, Rs10. Rs50, Rs100, Rs500 and Rs1000 can be replaced from all of the bank branches and the offices of the State Bank till December 31 this year.
After the date, none of the currency notes will be useable for any business activity, the announcement said.
Previously, the State Bank of Pakistan had introduced newly designed currency notes of Rs5, Rs10, Rs20, Rs50, Rs100, Rs500, Rs1000 and Rs5000 in a phase-wise process by the end of 2008.
- Pakistan's Covid cases cross 5,000-mark for the first time since ...09:28 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 January 202208:41 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021