Britain's Jeremy Corbyn terms situation in Kashmir as deeply disturbing
LONDON – Leader of the British Labor Party Jeremy Corbyn has termed the situation in Kashmir as deeply disturbing.
In a tweet, Corbyn said human rights abuses taking place are unacceptable. The rights of the Kashmiri people must be respected and UN resolutions implemented.
The situation in Kashmir is deeply disturbing. Human rights abuses taking place are unacceptable. The rights of the Kashmiri people must be respected and UN resolutions implemented.— Jeremy Corbyn (@jeremycorbyn) August 11, 2019
The situation in Kashmir is deeply disturbing. Human rights abuses taking place are unacceptable. The rights of the Kashmiri people must be respected and UN resolutions implemented.
Mr. Corbyn’s statement comes amid reports that Kashmir tensions may spill over to Pakistani and Indian communities in Britain, where one million Kashmiris are feeling the repercussions of New Delhi’s shock move of scrapping Articles 370 and 35-A.
The controversial move by India’s Hindu nationalist prime minister, Narendra Modi, has led to fears of widespread unrest and paralysed normal life as tens of thousands of extra troops and security personnel were dispatched to add to the estimated 500,000 already present, making it one of the world’s most militarised zones.
Genocide of Kashmiris by India unfolding RSS ... 01:21 PM | 11 Aug, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday said that curfew, crackdown & impending genocide of Kashmiris in ...
On Thursday, which is India’s independence day, a big demonstration is planned by pro-Kashmir groups outside the Indian High Commission in central London.
A counter demonstration is scheduled by British supporters of India’s ruling Bharatiya Janata party (BJP). A number of other events are also set to take place to draw attention to the Kashmir issue over the coming weeks while leading British Pakistani politicians have written to the Foreign Office and the UN calling for action against India over its current actions.
Qureshi demands India to lift curfew restrictions ... 06:51 PM | 11 Aug, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Sunday demanded the Indian government to ease curfew restrictions in ...
- Patient killed after Rescue 1122 ambulance falls into Muzaffargarh ...04:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan's rank drops by three spots in global corruption index04:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan conducts successful training launch of ballistic missile ...03:14 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Gohar Rasheed to be a part of Nadeem Baig's London Nahi Jaunga01:37 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Weinstein rape trial opens with clashing portrayals of ex-Hollywood ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019