Ishaq Dar declared proclaimed offender in corruption case
Judge Mohammad Bashir had announced the decision after the former finance minister did not attend the court hearings continuously as he is in London for medical treatment. He has skipped the last six hearings of the case.
As the hearing began, counsel for Dar submitted a fresh medical report of his client and asked the court to delay the proceedings to declare the former finance minister proclaimed offender.
The court also ordered Dar to submit surety bonds within three days, otherwise, his assets will be seized.
The court has adjourned the hearing till December 20.
On December 4, the court had reserved its verdict regarding officially declaring the former minister a proclaimed offender.
During the last proceedings, Dar’s counsel Qusain Faisal Mufti also submitted a medical report and raised objections to the court orders to reduce the notice period from 30 days to 10 days for declaring his client offender.
On Nov 21, the court had issued non-bailable arrest warrants against Dar and declared him an absconder on not attending the court hearings.
On September 27, the former finance minister had been indicted for possessing assets beyond his known sources of income.
Dar had rejected the allegations levelled by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in its reference prepared following the orders of the Supreme Court in its July 28 verdict in Panamagate case.
According to the NAB reference, the accused had acquired assets and pecuniary interests/resources in his name or in the name of his dependents of an approximate amount of Rs831.678 million as per the investigation conducted so far.
The assets are disproportionate to his known sources of income for which he could not reasonably account for, the reference said.
- ‘President grossly failed to exercise his discretion,’ remarks SC ...07:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 6-year old raped, set on fire in India’s Punjab06:03 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- US suspends visa services in Turkey over reports of potential terror ...05:58 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Police arrested man posturing as fake Pakistan Army Captain04:47 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 37th Millat Tractors Governors Cup Golf commences today04:20 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020