Ishaq Dar declared proclaimed offender in corruption case
Judge Mohammad Bashir had announced the decision after the former finance minister did not attend the court hearings continuously as he is in London for medical treatment. He has skipped the last six hearings of the case.
As the hearing began, counsel for Dar submitted a fresh medical report of his client and asked the court to delay the proceedings to declare the former finance minister proclaimed offender.
The court also ordered Dar to submit surety bonds within three days, otherwise, his assets will be seized.
The court has adjourned the hearing till December 20.
On December 4, the court had reserved its verdict regarding officially declaring the former minister a proclaimed offender.
During the last proceedings, Dar’s counsel Qusain Faisal Mufti also submitted a medical report and raised objections to the court orders to reduce the notice period from 30 days to 10 days for declaring his client offender.
On Nov 21, the court had issued non-bailable arrest warrants against Dar and declared him an absconder on not attending the court hearings.
On September 27, the former finance minister had been indicted for possessing assets beyond his known sources of income.
Dar had rejected the allegations levelled by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in its reference prepared following the orders of the Supreme Court in its July 28 verdict in Panamagate case.
According to the NAB reference, the accused had acquired assets and pecuniary interests/resources in his name or in the name of his dependents of an approximate amount of Rs831.678 million as per the investigation conducted so far.
The assets are disproportionate to his known sources of income for which he could not reasonably account for, the reference said.
- All 'unnecessary movement' restricted in Karachi after 6pm as Covid ...12:47 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan amicably repatriates 46 Afghan soldiers who crossed border ...12:24 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan to receive 4.2mn doses of Chinese Covid vaccines today11:43 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan's first-ever ‘Nishan-e-Haider’ recipient Capt. Sarwar ...11:21 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Shehroze Kashif becomes youngest Pakistani to scale K210:45 AM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic breaks the internet with new beach photo03:15 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021