Ayyan Ali's case adjourned till Monday
The hearing was conducted by special Customs judge Rana Aftab Ahmed.
Ayyan’s lawyer Sardar Latif Khosa did not appear before the court. However, his son Khurram Latif Khosa appeared before the judge and requested for submission of power of attorney in the case.
The judge, however, remarked that the defense lawyer was already appointed in the case whereas July 6 is also dated on the power of attorney.
Khurram Latif Khosa held the power of attorney was submitted before the judge in currency smuggling case, however it is now being presented on the second petition of customs officials.
Read more: Court extends Ayyan Ali’s judicial remand
The judge adjourned the hearing till July 13 while mentioning the reason of it as lawyer’s lack of preparation.
On the next hearing, proceedings will also be initiated for Ayyan Ali’s indictment.
Ayyan Ali is facing a money smuggling case and currently detained in Adiala jail. She was arrested by Customs officials on March 14 from Benazir Bhutto International Airport after $508,000 were recovered from her possession.
- Dominant Pakistan rout host Indonesia 13-0 at Asia Hockey Cup10:44 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- No monkeypox case detected in Pakistan, says top health body09:54 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Lahore, Rawalpindi boards cancel Matric exam09:37 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Google celebrates 15 years of Street View09:09 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Srha Asghar and Rabya Kulsoom's dance video goes viral06:18 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Humayun Saeed updates fans about upcoming series based on Salahuddin ...07:00 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic’s new bold photos set internet on fire04:40 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022