Nike's new ad with an unstoppable Deepika takes the internet by storm
The Indian athletes featured in the video include hockey player Rani Rampal, footballer Jyoti Ann Burrett and cricketers Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandana and Shubhlakshmi Sharma.
Sharing the uplifting ad with the Nike tag line #JustDoIt, Padukone explained on Twitter that sports had taught her to handle failure.
"Two years ago, I struggled with depression. I was sinking. I almost gave up. But it was the athlete in me that gave me the strength to fight and never ever give up!” she said. “Sport has taught me how to survive! It has taught me how to fight! It has made me unstoppable! #JustDoIt”
Deepika shared the video on Twitter saying, “When I was growing up my father said to me, ‘To be the best, always remember the three Ds – Discipline, Dedication and Determination. Follow your heart. Do what you are passionate about’.”
Understandably, the post has gone viral, with close to 7,000 shares in just 4 hours. A large number of commenters enthused about how Deepika was inspiring them.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan, India foreign ministers may meet in UAE08:44 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021