Local car sales surge to 167,507 units
KARACHI (Web Desk) - Sales of locally produced cars escalated to 167,507 units in July-May 2015-2016 compared to 136,723 units in the same period last year.
According to a report by Dawn, multiple factors contributed to the increase in car sales including low-interest rates, improving law and order situation and overall improvement in economy.
Among others, Toyota corolla sales swelled to 53,410 units as compared to 46,680 units last year.
As for SUV's, sales of the Toyota Fortuner fell to 518 from 668 units. Suzuki Ravi sales peaked to 28,339 units from 20,225 under Punjab Taxi Scheme, and Toyota Hilux sales crawled up to 4,603 units from 4,137.
The Punjab government yellow cab scheme has helped Suzuki to increase sales up to 33 percent.
Chief Operating Officer of Indus Motors Company (IMC) Ali Asghar Jamali said due to low per capita income, only 16 out of 1,000 people in Pakistan owned a vehicle, as compared to 18 in India.
- BHC orders quashing of FIRs registered against PTI Senator Azam Swati12:10 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- PM Shehbaz stresses need to eradicate corruption from Pakistan11:40 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG – England win the toss and elect to bat first against ...11:04 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- vivo V23 remained top searched smartphone in Pakistan for 202210:36 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:26 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ali Zafar suggests practices to subside anxiety11:47 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- 'Parizaad' famed Ilma Jaffri dazzles fans with gorgeous bridal shoot11:35 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Tauseeq Haider to mark international debut with Turkish drama10:53 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022