Pano Akil breach submerges 10 villages
The water inundated large tracts of agricultural land and gushed over houses, crops and the National Highway.
According to details, local residents volunteered to fill the breach by themselves however Pakistan Army contingents arrived at the scene and lend a helping hand to locals to plug the damaged portion of the canal side.
Officials claim that the canal has been closed from its source at the Guddu Barrage and the breach will be repaired while the remaining water flows downwards.
Cheif Minster Sindh, Qaim Ali Shah telephoned the Secretary Irrigation and sought a detailed report about the incident.
- Islamabad court indicts Shahnawaz Amir, mother in Sarah Inam murder ...02:45 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- 'The Great Gama': Nasir Adeeb shares details of his next film on ...02:21 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Hungary announces Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Pakistani ...01:49 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Asad Umar summoned to appear before LHC for anti-judiciary speech01:10 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Shoaib Malik takes son Izhaan on ride in his sports car (VIDEO)11:36 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022