Woman killed, five injured after being hit by US Embassy vehicle
ISLAMABAD – A woman was killed and five others received multiple injuries after a vehicle of the US Embassy rammed into their car in the Federal capital on Sunday, police said.
The accident took place near Faisal Avenue Chowk on Margalla road when the US embassy vehicle, a Toyota Land Cruiser, collided with the car coming from the other direction.
The deceased woman was identified as Nazia Bibi.
According to a police spokesman, the injured had been shifted to Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) for treatment.
Police said the US embassy vehicle was being driven by a Pakistani national - Amjad Zaman.
Margalla police arrested the driver and registered a first information report (FIR). The spokesman said action against the driver would be taken as per the law.
- Syed Ali Gilani: India 'conspiring to let Kashmiri leader die' during ...11:54 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- 'Thank You': Afghan minister acknowledges Pakistan's 40 years of ...11:43 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Refugee Conference: UN ready to participate in Afghan reconciliation ...11:30 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- LHC summons DG Rescue-1122 over plea challenging his reappointment10:48 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- UN resolutions on Kashmir need implementation, UNSG Guterres tells ...09:39 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019