Govt to devise mechanism to make press clubs self-sufficient: Fawad Ch
Addressing the oath taking ceremony of newly elected office-bearers of Jhelum Press Club here, he said it was imperative for journalist bodies to avoid getting funds from the government for press freedom.
He said the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) government believed in the freedom of media. It was the last Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government, which had doled out billions of rupees to the media after the Panama issue had surfaced, he added.
Fawad urged the local journalists to highlight regional issues in their write-ups and news reports and extended the government’s full cooperation in resolving their issues in collaboration with the local management.
He also assured that the renovation work of Jhelum Press Club would be carried out at the earliest.
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021