PCB introduces new category to woo expensive players for PSL
The PCB claims that some of the big names who have consented to play in the PSL include former England star Kevin Pietersen, master blaster Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell andDwayne Bravo (all from the West Indies), Bangladesh s Shakib Al Hassan and Sri Lanka s Lasith Malinga and Angelo Mathews.
Price of players in the new category has been fixed at twenty million rupees. Earlier, the amount of top category ‘Platinum’ was around fourteen million rupees.
The move was taken after a deadlock with cricket stars Chris Gayle and Pietersen on the issue of payment.
Moreover, the price of Diamond category is seven million rupees, Gold five million rupees, Silver three million rupees and price of category of Emerging players is two million rupees.
Earlier on September 24, the PCB announced moving its twice postponed Twenty20 league from the Qatari capital of Doha to Dubai and Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates, without giving any reason for the venue change.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will be held from 4th to 24th February 2016 in Dubai and Sharjah, UAE.
- Bakhtawar Bhutto's mehndi function kicks off today11:59 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar gets a special wedding gift from Asif Zardari10:38 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Developer bringing Paris to Pakistan with replica of French city ...10:04 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan's one-man commission to probe Broadsheet scandal09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Danyal Zafar set to make his TV debut08:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Shraddha Kapoor to marry a celebrity photographer?09:12 PM | 26 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021