CJP takes suo moto notice of minor's rape in Chichawatni
The top judge also sought a report from Inspector General Police (IGP) Punjab Capt. (r) Arif Nawaz Khan in next 24 hours.
The case relates to Noor Fatima, a second-grade student from Mahmoodabad area of Chichawatni who was burnt alive after rape and breathed her last at a hospital in Lahore on Monday.
Following the incident, residents of the area and the victim’s family took to the streets to protest the gruesome murder and raised slogans of “Zaalimon! khoon ka hisaab do” [“Oppressors! answer for the blood (of the child)”].
The girl had gone missing on Sunday evening after she left home to buy some sweets and when she did not return, her family members and neighbours started looking for her and found her at a street in an unconscious condition, with most of her body burnt.
Fatima was taken to Tehsil Headquarters (THQ) Hospital, from where she was referred to Jinnah Hospital in Lahore. According to doctors, she had received 70 to 80 percent burns. Her funeral prayers were offered on Tuesday.
District Police Officer (DPO) Sahiwal, Mohammad Atif Akram told media that the postmortem report had evidence of sexual assault.
Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz had also taken notice of the incident and summoned a report from Inspector General Police Punjab.
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- China to invest $15 billion in Pakistan' petrochemical sector05:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021