Afghan district governor among 7 killed in Taliban attack
The militants launched the attack on the Khwaja Omari district headquarters in the southeastern province at 2:00 am in which nine intelligence officials were also injured.
Tolo News quoted an official statement as “Ali Shams Dost [district governor] was killed along with seven other policemen during the clashes and some parts of the district governor’s compound was also torched”.
“After the attack the forces called for air support and 27 Taliban were killed during the airstrikes and clashes,” it added.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack through a WhatsApp message to journalists, saying “more than 20 police” were killed and several others wounded.
“Our mujahideen have confiscated weapons and ammunition,” Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said.
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- 19-year-old Shehroze Kashif becomes youngest Pakistani to summit ...11:24 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021