Flood in River Chenab inundates over 100 villages in Jhang
Standing crops on hundreds of acres of land have been washed away by the floodwater in the district.
River Chenab passes through the district and combines with River Jhelum at Trimu Headworks. The floodwater inundated villages in tehsil Jhang and played havoc with standing crops.
Officials said floodwater is touching protective bund all around Jhang urban area. Sargodha road has been closed for all types of traffic and floodwater is overflowing Jhang-Sargodha Road at three points.
In tehsil Athara Hazari, floodwater has inundated at least 50 villages. Link roads have been closed. Water has spread outside Trimu Headworks and caused heavy losses to standing crops.
Now water is heading for tehsil Shorkot and tehsil Ahmedpur Sial.
The district administration and Rescue 1122 are busy in evacuation operation from flooded areas. Eighteen relief camps have been set up to provide eatables and medicines to the affected people. Fodder and vaccination have also been arranged for the cattle-heads.
DCO Ghazi Amanullah is personally monitoring the rescue and relief operation in flood-hit areas.
Meanwhile, 26 rescuers including two officer have reached Jhang from Faisalabad, Toba, Sargodha and Sahiwal on the direction of Director General Punjab Emergency Service Dr Arshad Zia.
District Emergency Officer Dr Tariq Saeed told the media here on Thursday that high flood was reported at Trimu Headworks, which had increased water level in adjoining areas. He said Rescue 1122 was busy in the operation with boats and other equipments and rescuers were evacuating flood-affected people to safer places.
He said Rescue 1122 staff was also providing first aid facility to the injured persons. He said a 55-year-old man, Rahab Ali, was biten by a snake in Kot Khaira and was shifted to DHQ Hospital, Jhang.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021