Imran Khan invites Modi to visit Pakistan
The PTI chief extended the invitation the Indian premier during a meeting in New Delhi yesterday.
India’s Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Vikas Swarup said on Twitter: “At his request, Pakistan MP and chairman of Tehreek-e-Insaf party, Imran Khan, called on PM Modi on Friday.”
Swarup added: “They welcomed recent developments in bilateral relations and expressed hope that these would lead to closer cooperative ties between the two countries.
“Imran Khan invited Modi to visit Pakistan.”
Earlier, PTI’s central information secretary Shireen Mazari had said on Twitter, “Chairman Khan is in New Delhi on the invitation of India Today. It is believed a meeting may also take place with Indian PM on latter’s invitation.”
Mazari later added, “Chairman Imran Khan will be meeting Indian PM before he speaks at the India Today conference.”
Chairman Imran Khan will be mtg Indian PM before he speaks at the India Today conference.
— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) December 11, 2015
The PTI chairman left for New Delhi earlier today on a two-day visit to attend a conference on Indo-Pak relations. The event is being hosted by India Today.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq in hospital after heart attack01:20 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Dr Zakir Naik takes to Facebook in search of wife for son12:12 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- French President Macron comes under egg attack during visit to trade ...11:44 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- US Deputy State Secretary Sherman to visit Pakistan, India next month11:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah shares unseen childhood photo05:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021