Imran Khan invites Modi to visit Pakistan
The PTI chief extended the invitation the Indian premier during a meeting in New Delhi yesterday.
India’s Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Vikas Swarup said on Twitter: “At his request, Pakistan MP and chairman of Tehreek-e-Insaf party, Imran Khan, called on PM Modi on Friday.”
Swarup added: “They welcomed recent developments in bilateral relations and expressed hope that these would lead to closer cooperative ties between the two countries.
“Imran Khan invited Modi to visit Pakistan.”
Earlier, PTI’s central information secretary Shireen Mazari had said on Twitter, “Chairman Khan is in New Delhi on the invitation of India Today. It is believed a meeting may also take place with Indian PM on latter’s invitation.”
Mazari later added, “Chairman Imran Khan will be meeting Indian PM before he speaks at the India Today conference.”
Chairman Imran Khan will be mtg Indian PM before he speaks at the India Today conference.
— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) December 11, 2015
The PTI chairman left for New Delhi earlier today on a two-day visit to attend a conference on Indo-Pak relations. The event is being hosted by India Today.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021