India bars Hurriyat leaders from attending Seerat Conference in Srinagar
According to Kashmir media, the entire Hurriyet leadership including Mirwaiz Umer Farooq and Yasin Malik had been invited to the event. However, the authorities placed Mirwaiz Umar Farooq under house arrest at his Nigeen residence in Srinagar.
A heavy contingent of police was deployed outside the residence of Syed Ali Gilani to ensure that no one could enter the venue. Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) member Yasin Malik did not manage to reach the event.
Hurriyet leaders and organizations have labelled this act "interference in religious matters".
- Rawalpindi woman lands in jail for 5 years for hurling purse on ...10:29 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- UK announces test and quarantine rules for travelers as Omicron ...09:57 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021