How to register your smartphone before it goes mute permanently
In a text message sent to mobile phone users, the telecommunication authority has warned that non-compliant devices will not work after October 20.
How to check status
The status of any GSM devices can be check by sending an SMS containing IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number to 8484.
IMEI can be checked by dialing *#06#.
In response, PTA will send a reply confirming whether the device is compliant or not.
If the device is non-compliant, PTA will automatically register it before October 20 and has recommended users to make call or SMS through the non-compliant device before the said date.
Mobile phones not registered by the given date will be blocked by PTA.
Smartphone users can also check the status of their device by installing PTA's official DIRBS DVS Android Application available on Android Play Store.
How to register devices bought outside Pakistan
- Man accused of blasphemy walks free after 10 years in jail12:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan slips 16 positions to 140th in corruption perception index ...10:46 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Tariq Mahmood-ul-Hassan appointed PM’s aide on overseas Pakistanis09:49 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,357 new Covid-19 cases, active infections soar to ...09:26 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Twitter reacts to Atif Aslam and Momina Mustehsan’s ...07:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Shaista Lodhi's dance video goes viral05:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Ramsha Khan and Ahad Mir pair up for an upcoming Ramadan play06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021