PM Imran for transforming Pak-Turkey political ties into robust economic partnership
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has stressed on importance of working to counter Islamophobia and promote better understanding of the reverence Muslims have for the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him).
The prime minister stated this while talking to Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, who is in Pakistan on an official visit.
During the meeting, Pakistan-Turkey bilateral relations and regional and international issues were discussed.
Reaffirming the exceptional nature of Pakistan-Turkey political relationship, he put emphasize on transforming the ties into a strong economic partnership.
The shared resolve on both sides to further upgrade trade, investment, defence, educational and cultural cooperation was also reaffirmed, reported Radio Pakistan.
The premier thanked Turkey for its steadfast support on Kashmir dispute and highlighted the detrimental Indian actions posing a threat to peace and security.
In the regional context, the premier underscored the importance Pakistan attaches to a peaceful solution of the long-standing conflict in Afghanistan.
- 'Proud' Islamabad café owners apologise over 'gup shup' with manager ...05:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- #K2Winter2021 – Nepalese expedition team calls on Pakistan ...05:41 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan announces to increase electricity tariff by Rs1.95/Unit05:00 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Maya Ali thanks fans as she hits 5 million Instagram followers03:41 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021