Security on high alert in Lahore ahead of Sharifs' arrival
Amid the announcement of a massive rally by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) to receive the former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz at Lahore airport, the district authorities have issued a traffic plan.
According to Lahore's City Traffic Officer, the plan will be executed before the rally of the PML-N, while more than 200 wardens will be deputed to maintain the flow of the traffic.
The authorities have also suspended the metro bus service ahead of the Sharif's arrival, leaving commuters in limbo.
Security has also been beefed up in the provincial capital ahead of PML-N leaders arrival. Police contingents have been deployed at all sensitive installations and main roads
Police and city administration have blocked all roads leading to the Lahore airport by placing containers to bar PML-N workers and leaders to reach from welcoming the duo.
A larger number of impounded containers have been dispatched at more than 50 points in the city, including Thokar Niaz Baig, Multan Road, Ghari Shahu, Davis Road, Band Road, Lakshmi Chowk, Babu Sabu Interchange, Mazang Chungi, Model Town- Link Road, Bhatta Chowk, Cantt Entrance, Shahdara Chowk, Azaadi Flyover, Raiwand Road, Ring Road, Airport & Surrounding Areas, Yateem Khana Chowk and All Interchanges of main cities of Punjab on Motorway M2 towards Lahore, to block the roads.
Interim Punjab government has also written a letter to the Ministry of Interior seeking to partially suspend cellular services in Lahore amid fear of violence, local media reported.
The caretakers want to suspend the mobile phone service in five areas that include Lahore airport, walled city area, Shahdara, Nawab Town and Burki Hadyara. However, there is no response from the ministry yet.
Nawaz, Maryam land in Abu Dhabi en route to ... 09:07 AM | 13 Jul, 2018
LONDON - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz on Friday reached Abu Dhabi on their way back ...
At the time of reporting the news, Nawaz and Maryam Nawaz have reached Abu Dhabi on their way back Pakistan to face the jail sentence awarded by an accountability court in the Avenfield reference.
Both leaders of the PML-N is expected to land at Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore at 6:15 pm today on a foreign airline, Etihad Airways, via Abu Dhabi.
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Meet Nabeel Ahmad: The Founder and CEO of Skyray Ventures01:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Balochistan schools to remain closed till March 1, 202112:03 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020