ECP suspends four Assistant Returning Officers over negligence
The ECP had taken the action under Election Act 2017 section article 55 (3) and the suspended officials included Abdul Rehman Superintendent Local Government Department, Quetta/Assistant Returning officer PB-26 Quetta III, Zia-ul-Haq APGM officer of the Deputy Post Master General Sialkot/Assistant Returning Office PP-40 Sialkot, Altaf Shaikh Executive Engineer Building Khairpur/Assistant Returning Officer NA-209 Khairpur-II and Raja Aziz Ridd, Executive Engineer WAPDA, Khairpur/Assistant Returning Officer NA-210 Kairpur-III.
The ECP asked inquiry officers to complete the inquiry within 30 days against them and submit the report to the ECP. The polls watchdog used the said section of the Election Act 2017 for the first time to suspend an official.
- CricWick, Daraz partners to provide In-App Fantasy League for T20 ...04:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer’s father withdraws petition against ...04:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021