ECP suspends four Assistant Returning Officers over negligence
The ECP had taken the action under Election Act 2017 section article 55 (3) and the suspended officials included Abdul Rehman Superintendent Local Government Department, Quetta/Assistant Returning officer PB-26 Quetta III, Zia-ul-Haq APGM officer of the Deputy Post Master General Sialkot/Assistant Returning Office PP-40 Sialkot, Altaf Shaikh Executive Engineer Building Khairpur/Assistant Returning Officer NA-209 Khairpur-II and Raja Aziz Ridd, Executive Engineer WAPDA, Khairpur/Assistant Returning Officer NA-210 Kairpur-III.
The ECP asked inquiry officers to complete the inquiry within 30 days against them and submit the report to the ECP. The polls watchdog used the said section of the Election Act 2017 for the first time to suspend an official.
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Punjab governor meets members of Scottish Parliament09:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021