PM Nasirul Mulk seeks report over Zulfi Bukhari's offshore visit despite travel embargo
According to media reports, the interim chief executive has issued orders to Azam Khan-led ministry to submit a report as to how the close confidante of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief, Imran Khan was allowed to board the plane despite facing travel restrictions.
Zulfi Bukhari, who owns offshore companies and is under the radar of National Accountability Bureau, accompanied PTI supremo Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Maneka to Saudi Arabia on Monday for Umrah (religious pilgrimage).
The group had hired a chartered flight, however, Zulfi was not allowed to leave the Nur Khan airbase owing to ECL restrictions. After hours-long settlements, the immigration authorities were ordered by the interior ministry to “grant one-time permission to Bukhari for a period of 06 days” to go on a religious pilgrimage.
In an informal conversation with a private channel, Khan also negated the reports that the dubious removal was at the behest of armed forces.
'Zulfi Bukhari contacted secretary interior for removal of his name from Exit Control List,' explained Azam Khan.
Question; British citizen, who has never held public office, pays his taxes in the UK. Has never done a rupee of business in Pakistan. Would like to know how you two experienced anchors think he is answerable to NAB in any way?— Sayed Z Bukhari (@sayedzbukhari) June 11, 2018
Your trying to explain corporate structures is hilarious. UK is allowed to tighten or loosen laws. It’s the public’s job to abide by them which all my companies do.— Sayed Z Bukhari (@sayedzbukhari) June 12, 2018
Seems like Klasra is upset he wasn't part of the Umrah trip while Arshad seems too fascinated by Maldives! :) 2/2
- T20 World Cup: Fakhar Zaman's fifty guides Pakistan to mammoth total ...08:44 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Cdre Habibur Rehman promoted to rank of Rear Admiral: Pakistan Navy08:29 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ex-cricketer Michael Slater arrested in Sydney07:59 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan asks UN to compensate victims of enforced disappearances in ...07:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan Army chief urges global efforts for Afghanistan in meeting ...06:43 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Ayesha Omar and Shoaib Malik’s new bold photos set internet on fire02:00 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021