Supreme Court grants Pervez Musharraf another day to appear before court
During the hearing of a case on Wednesday, the top judge remarked that if the former president does not show up in court by 2 pm tomorrow, the law would take its course and a decision would be taken.
H went a mile more and taunted that instead of lip service, the former president should land back in the country.
Last week, the apex court had allowed Musharraf to file nomination papers to contest the July 25 general elections. The bench had conditioned that he would appear in person before the court on June 13 (today) at its Lahore registry to attend the court hearing, however, Musharraf did not show up.
Musharraf's nomination papers for Chitral's NA-1 seat were submitted earlier this week. The chief justice had also ordered the Nadra to unblock Musharraf's national identity card (CNIC) and passport, paving for the return of All Pakistan Muslim League president.
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021