Federal Tax Ombudsman Mushtaq Sukhera removed
LAHORE - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led federal government removed Mushtaq Ahmed Sukhera from the post of federal tax ombudsman on Thursday, withdrawing the official notification for his appointment.
Mushtaq Sukhera, the former Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Punjab, was appointed the federal tax ombudsman in August 2017 by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government.
The notification "regarding the appointment of Mr Muhstaq Ahmed Sukhera (Retd-PSP/BS-22) as the Federal Tax Ombudsman is hereby withdrawn ab initio", read the fresh official notification issued by the Ministry of Law and Justice.
In 2018, an Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) framed charges against Sukhera on a complaint filed by Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) in connection with the IGP’s alleged role in June 2014 Model Town massacre.
The government is likely to appoint Justice (retd) Faqir Muhammad Hussain Khokhar, a former judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan, as the federal tax ombudsman, Geo News reported.
- Pakistan surpasses 234,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,839 confirmed ...06:16 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- vivo’s Three Years of Smartphone Innovation & Setting Trends in ...06:01 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Gigi Hadid slams British Magazine claiming that she's 'disguising' ...02:42 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtar's short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020