Lawyers to boycott courts countrywide tomorrow, vows SCBA president
ISLAMABAD - Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) President Amanullah Kanrani confirmed that lawyers would boycott the courts across the country on June 14.
Talking to newsmen on Thursday, Kanrani said the reference filed against Supreme Court Justice Qazi Faez Isa cannot be called an official one in legal terms at present.
He elaborated that currently, the matter was between the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) and the Attorney General and was in its initial stages.
However, he clarified that till the SJC does not deem it fit enough to make a case for action, the reference was merely a piece of paper.
Meanwhile, Ali Ahmed Kurd, the former president of Supreme Court Bar Association expressed that the lawyers had reservations over the reference moved against the judges. He also questioned the methodology opted in the reference filed against Justice Esa, inquiring there were other references pending as well.
The Supreme Judicial Council would sit on Friday to review the reference filed against Justice Qazi Faez Esa and other judges who have been accused of violating the code of conduct.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020