Car sales jumped by 38% to 121,934 units in 8 months
According to data released by Pakistan Automobiles Manufacturing Association (PAMA), during the period under review,Honda cars (City and Civic) sale increased from 14,041 last year to 15,793 this year.
Similarly, 2,288 Suzuki Swift cars were lifted by the buyers during July-February (2014-15) while during the same period of current year, 2,614 cars were sold.
The sale of Toyota Corolla cars also increased by 7027 units from 31,042 units to 38,069 in the first eight months of current fiscal year.
Among 1000 cc cars, the sale of Suzuki Cultus jumped to 10,117 units in the period of current fiscal year from 8,909 units in same period of last year.
Likewise, the sale of Suzuki WagonR posted a record increase of 123 percent as it increased from 2,693 units in first eight months of the year 2014-15 to 6,020 cars during same period of current year. However, only four Hyundai Santro cars were sold during the corresponding period of current year whereas during same period of last year 47 cars were sold in the country.
Suzuki Mehran car sale during the period under review recorded an increase of 33 percent as 25,459 cars were sold during current year as compared to the sale of 19,085 cars last year.
Similarly Suzuki Bolan car sale also jumped from 10,411 cars during the period July-February (2014-15) to 23,848 units during current fiscal year.
On year-on-year and month-on-month basis, the overall car sale in february 2016 witnessed a decrease of one percent and 22 percent when it compared with that of February 2015 and January, 2016 as it went down from the sale of 14,027 cars in February 2016 to 14,041 cars in February, 2015 and 18,083 cars in January 2016.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Bollywood's Hina Khan wears Pakistani designer on Eid-ul-Fitr02:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021