Mehwish Hayat appointed goodwill ambassador for girls’ rights
LAHORE- Mehwish Hayat has added another feather to her cap as she bags another prestigious humanitarian position. The Tamgha-e-Imtiaz winner has been appointed as a goodwill ambassador for girls’ rights by the Ministry of Human Rights.
View this post on Instagram
Pleasure to be at the launch of the Ministry of Human Rights’ new initiatives for the girl child and share the panel with some really inspirational and distinguished women like Hon Minster Shireen Mazari, Ms Rabiya Javeri Agha, Secretary Ministry Human Rights, Ms Samar Minallah Khan, Anthropologist and HE EU Ambassador, Androulla Kaminara. I was really impressed to see how the project is using innovative ways like truck art to get the message out. There is so much that needs to be done and I really am looking forward to being very proactive and doing a lot more for this cause in my role as goodwill ambassador. 🇵🇰 #MehwishHayat #Goodwillbassador #internationaldayofthegirlchild #MinistryofHumanrights Wearing this beautiful outfit by my Fav designer the one and only @rizwanbeyg ❤️ #RizwanBeyg
The actor took to social media to announce her new position with a video message. “Delighted to be appointed by the Ministry of Human Rights as a Goodwill Ambassador for the rights of the girl child,” she said. “This is something close to me and I look forward to actively raising awareness of the issues to be addressed. Lets give girls the better future they deserve.”
Delighted 2be appointed by the Ministry of Human Rights as Goodwill Ambassador 4 the rights of the girl child. This is something close to me & I look forward to actively raising awareness of the issues to be addressed. Lets give girls the better future they deserve @mohrpakistan pic.twitter.com/8mfApONGEW— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) October 10, 2019
This year has been full of accomplishments for the Chhalawa star. She made it to the list of top five Muslim women changing the world by international publication Muslim Vibe. Two months ago, Hayat also received the Pride of Performance in Norway and was was appointed the Muslim charity Penny Appeal's brand ambassador.
Earlier this month, Hayat sparked controversy after she shared a video of her dance rehearsal for the HUM Awards. Donning a pink and white exercise gear, many people criticized the Load Wedding actors choice of clothes.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019