LHC to take up contempt case against Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday
The applicant has accused Nawaz Sharif of criticising the judiciary and alleging judges of not upholding the sanctity of vote.
Referring to Nawaz's rally, it has been claimed that contempt of court was committed during Jhelum, Gujranwala and Lahore.
Around 15 persons, including Khawaja Saad Rafique, Khawaja Asif, Pemra chairman and other have been made respondent in the case.
The petitioner pleaded the court to launch contempt proceedings against Nawaz Sharif and others.
The court accepted the petition and will start hearing on Tuesday (tomorrow), while Advocate Azhar Siddique will represent the petitioner.
Talking to ARY News, Siddique said that a deposed person, who slammed the judiciary, was given official protocol.
He further said that Pemra head also did not take notice of such abusive addresses.
He urged the court to ensure the implementation of the Constitution.
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:10 AM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 23 November 202009:04 AM | 23 Nov, 2020
- LoC: Four children among 11 injured after Indian shell hits AJK ...12:01 AM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Will Nawaz Sharif return to Pakistan for mother’s funeral?10:33 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Not so Pop! What went wrong with VELO Sound Station?11:45 PM | 21 Nov, 2020
- Indian comedian Bharti Singh, husband arrested for possessing drugs08:46 PM | 21 Nov, 2020
- New Pakistani couple start life journey with a puff!06:33 PM | 21 Nov, 2020