Quetta's top neurosurgeon kidnapped, search underway
The vehicle of Dr Sheikh Ibrahim Khalil was found near his residence in Shehbaz Town, while glasses of the car were broken, which refers to an attack on the doctor.
Mir Saleem Ahmed Khoso, the provincial minister of interior, has taken notice of the incident, stating that police and Levies forces are on high alert to recover the abducted surgeon.
Khoso, in his statement, also condemned the kidnapping and hoped that the surgeon will be recovered safely. He added that the kidnappers would be behind the bars very soon.
According to police, Dr Khalil was allegedly abducted while he was on his way home, adding that the neurosurgeon could not be reached at his mobile phone.
Further, the deputy inspector-general (DIG) for Quetta stated that while it appears a kidnapping case, he could not make a definitive comment on it.
Ghulam Hussain, the missing doctor's assistant at the private hospital, approached the police to register a first information report.
- UAE inaugurates 'Asia's largest' visa centre in Pakistan09:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to conduct all exams as per schedule, says Education ...08:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- The City School inaugurated Raziuddin Shaikh All-Pakistan Senior ...06:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Aqeel and Sarah win Shehryar Malik Memorial Tennis titles06:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021