Quetta's top neurosurgeon kidnapped, search underway
The vehicle of Dr Sheikh Ibrahim Khalil was found near his residence in Shehbaz Town, while glasses of the car were broken, which refers to an attack on the doctor.
Mir Saleem Ahmed Khoso, the provincial minister of interior, has taken notice of the incident, stating that police and Levies forces are on high alert to recover the abducted surgeon.
Khoso, in his statement, also condemned the kidnapping and hoped that the surgeon will be recovered safely. He added that the kidnappers would be behind the bars very soon.
According to police, Dr Khalil was allegedly abducted while he was on his way home, adding that the neurosurgeon could not be reached at his mobile phone.
Further, the deputy inspector-general (DIG) for Quetta stated that while it appears a kidnapping case, he could not make a definitive comment on it.
Ghulam Hussain, the missing doctor's assistant at the private hospital, approached the police to register a first information report.
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Covid-19 claims 6 lives, infects 372 more in 24 hours09:29 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021