Vasay Chaudhry might step down from Punjab Cultural Advisory Council and here is why
He wrote, “I have been a part of the cultural advisory council (Punjab) and more specifically, the film sub committee (along with Mr Shaan, Syed Noor and Rashid Saab) for the last three months. This committee was formed by the minister for Culture. During this time we offered multiple suggestions.”
1/1 I have been a part of the cultural advisory council (Punjab) more specifically the Film sub committee(along with Mr.Shaan,Syed Noor and Rashid kh Sb )since last 3 months.This committee was formed by the minister for Culture.— vasay chaudhry (@vasaych) January 13, 2019
During this time We offered multiple suggestions
1/2 some of which are as follows— vasay chaudhry (@vasaych) January 13, 2019
1)offering medical services to veteran artists.
Im pleased to share that by the grace of god & support from CM punjab, Health cards are now being issued to artists across the province.
1/3— vasay chaudhry (@vasaych) January 13, 2019
2) I also suggested to introduce a Lahore Film Festival with participants from various countries.
3)It was also suggested that a film authority be formed in Punjab offering benefits (subsidies,permissions etc)to help film production & revival of the film industry in Punjab.
1/4— vasay chaudhry (@vasaych) January 13, 2019
4) Re structuring of the Taxes on Cinemas in Punjab along with suggestions to curtail the cinema mafia.( comprising of ideas/suggestions to benefit the Pakistani film Producers so they can produce more films )
1/5 ..the reason i mentioned all these things because I feel a moral obligation even if it's in the capacity of an advisor as i believe that i'm accountable for my performance because its the tax payers money which was utilised in those long sessions & meetings.— vasay chaudhry (@vasaych) January 13, 2019
He then made this announcement. “Having said that, I will be stepping down from the Cultural Advisory Council as there is no point in sitting around when the carefully and passionately thought out paperwork is not being forwarded or implemented for reasons best known to the cultural ministry. Pakistan Zindabad.”
1/6 having said that I will be stepping down frm the cultural advisory council as there is No point in sitting around when the carefully & passionately thought out paperwork is Not being forwarded or implemented for reasons best known to the Cultural ministry.— vasay chaudhry (@vasaych) January 13, 2019
Well, we wonder if he will change his mind later but it seems unlikely at the moment.
Punjab Cultural Advisory Council was formed three months ago to help formulate policies and legislation required for the development of arts and culture in the country.
- A Star-studded Launch of the realme 8 Series Awaits with a ...06:59 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Kohsar University in Murree05:20 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani ACCA topper Zara Dar pens a heartwarming note about parents04:36 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021