PTI's plea challenging ECP jurisdiction in party funding case rejected
The PTI has asked the court to bar the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) from hearing Akbar S Babar's petition against alleged foreign funding of the party.
Earlier, a full bench of the ECP had dismissed PTI's plea regarding the jurisdiction of the case in May.
The IHC also refused to issue م stay order in the case. Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiyani said that the case was under trial since 2014, adding that it has already been referred back to the commission, Dawn News reported.
The Justice also sought replies from the petitioner and ECP in this regard.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan bat first against England in 5th T20I07:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Sara Inam laid to rest in Islamabad; father vows to fight till ...06:56 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022