Trial of remaining graft cases against Sharifs to be held in Adiala Jail
“In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (b) of section 16 of the National Accountability Ordinance, 1999 (XVIII of 1999), the federal government is please to specify the Central Jail Adiala, Rawalpindi, to be the place where the Accountability Court-I, Islamabad shall sit for trial of References No. 18/2017 and 19/2017 against Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif and others,” the notification read.
The anti-graft watchdog had filed three references against Nawaz his children - Hassan, Hussain and Maryam Nawaz - and son-in-law Captain (retd) Safdar. The cases pertain to Avenfield flats, Al-Azizia Stell Mills and Hill Metal Establishment, and offshore companies.
On July 6, an accountability court convicted Nawaz, his daughter and son-in-law in the Avenfield properties reference, while Hassan and Hussain have been absconding and were declared 'proclaimed offenders' in the case.
From now on, the hearing of remaining cases will be conducted inside the jail. The accountability judge, earlier on Thursday, rejected a Sharifs' plea to transfter the cases to another judge.
Nawaz Sharif, Maryam arrested from Lahore ... 06:03 PM | 13 Jul, 2018
LAHORE - Ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz, who were arrested after they arrived in ...
Nawaz and Maryam were arrested by NAB officials upon their arrival at the Lahore airport on Friday night and subsequently taken to Islamabad on a chartered flight in order to transport them to Adiala jail.
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Imran’s cabinet announces major decision about moon sighting ...09:48 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021